We feel so strongly that time spent at Lake James Christian Assembly (LJCA) is a wonderful way for your child to participate in a safe, Christ-centered summer camp, that Columbia Church of Christ (CCC) would like to send every one of our youth.
We understand that times are tough, and that many are concerned about the cost of the camp. That is why, through the generous giving of our congregation, CCC is committed to paying for the cost of the age-appropriate regular session for your child.
Here are some important things you need to know:
- In order for CCC to pay the registration fee, your child must attend CCC regularly.
- In order for CCC to pay the registration fee, we must receive your child’s completed registration form at CCC before the registration deadline date. (Schedule)
- You are responsible for getting your child to camp and picking them up after their session is completed. (Directions)
- There are opportunities for your child to spend money at camp.*
- Each week has a missionary that the children will learn about and will be encouraged to suppport through an offering.
- There is a snack shop open at specific times during the day for extra snacks.
- There is a bookstore/gift shop that is open at the beginning and end of each week.
- There is an opportunity to purchase a session photograph.
* All these are extra expenses that are not required. It is at your (and your child’s) discretion how any extra money brought will be spent. An amount of $3 – $5 per day is suggested.
* It is also important to note that the very youngest age groups do not require any extra money at all, and everyone younger than high school age is required to use the camp “bank” (money is placed into the “bank” at the beginning of the week by the parents and each day the camper is able to “withdraw” a specified amount to use that day) to eliminate the need for campers to carry large amounts of cash.
- There is a dress code at the camp. Your child will need to take and wear appropriate clothing.
- The dress code, along with additional rules and regulations, is explained in the camp packets you will receive once your child is registered.
- If you would like to know more about these in advance of registration please contact the church office.
For a registration form or if you have any other questions, please contact the church office at 419-459-4846.